Skin tags are projections that are connected to the skin by a stalk. From a distance, you can mistake a skin tag with a parasite such as a tick. Friction caused by body parts or clothes is mostly responsible for skin tags although some people are genetically predisposed to them.
Skin tags are not cancerous. In fact, most of them will not grow beyond 3 mm. They can occur on their own or in clusters. If left without treatment, skin tags will fall off the body with time. However, they are not appealing and aesthetic reasons may require them to be removed.
Removal can be done at home or in a clinic. There are over the counter removal kits which you can buy to remove skin tags at home. Such include Compound W Freeze.
How to treat skin tags on the neck, face and body in general
Skin tags on the neck and other body parts can be removed in a clinic with any of the following procedures:
- Cauterization – this procedure uses electric current to kill the skin tags. It may be painful and will in most cases require that anesthesia be used. It is also likely to leave a scar.
- Excision – a doctor will use a scalpel or a razor to cut off the skin tags. Again, it is likely to cause scarring. You may not want to have skin tags on the face removed by cutting them off.
- Cryotherapy –liquid nitrogen is used to kill blood vessels that supply nutrients to the skin tags. This method may require to be used severally before the skin tags can heal completely. It rarely leaves scarring however.
- Laser therapy – here, the blood supply for the skin tags will be interrupted by poisoning the same with laser beams. It may not be very effective especially for skin tags in clusters. Laser beams can also be used for birthmark removal.
Talk to a doctor about the best skin tags removal method that will likely work for you.
Skin tag under the eye; what it looks like
Identifying a skin tag under the eye is much easier than it is treating them. On pictures and images, they usually appear on or under the eyelids. They can also appear on the edge of the eyelids.
A skin tag under the eye is pretty hard to treat. This is because you are not free to use methods such as laser treatments especially when doing it at home. Here are the methods you can use to get rid of a skin tag under the eye.
- Tying the skin tags – you can buy an over the counter tag band with which you will restrict blood flow into the skin tags. With time, the cells will die and the skin tag will fall off on its own.
For best results, make sure that you have read the instructions on how to use the particular tag band device that you have purchased. You can also watch a video illustration for the same.
The good thing with this procedure is that you will only have to apply the device and wait for the skin tag to fall off. It is also not likely to cause harm to the eyes.
- Removal creams – there are some removal creams specifically produced for removal of skin tags occurring near the eyes. Most of such creams are very thick, which ensures that they will not flow or drip into the eyes.
- Tea tree oil – this is a very potent home remedy that you can use to remove skin tags on eyes. The most basic thing you should remember is not to be in a hurry when applying the oil. Preferably, use a Q-tip and a cotton wool ball to make sure that only the skin tag is touched by the oil. With time, the skin tag will be digested layer by layer till it’s gone. This oil can also be used to treat skin fungus.
You are all the same advised to get your doctor’s say on the best treatment available for skin tags near the eyes.
Skin tags on the face; before and after pictures
Skin tags on the face can appear on the chin, near the lips, even behind the ears. Almost everyone will want skin tags on the face removed. Unlike white spots on penis whose presence you can always keep private, skin tags on the face are out in the open for anyone to see.
If you are looking for a quick way to remove them, surgical operation done in a clinic is perhaps the best option. However, we identified earlier that quick surgical methods available today will likely cause scarring. If you are okay with that, surgical removal of skin tags on face is quite effective and very fast for that matter. Anyway, you can always conceal a scar much easier than you can a skin tag.
Those who don’t welcome the idea of scarring on the face may need a wait between 1 and 3 weeks to get rid of skin tags appearing on the face effectively. This can be done using a tag band, essential oils or over the counter freezing compounds.
Is a skin tag on a nipple a sign of cancer in people?
If you are absolutely sure that what you are experiencing is a skin tag, then you need not be worried. A skin tag on nipple is completely benign and not a sign of breast cancer.
Hormonal changes in pregnant women are common causes of skin tags on the nipple. They can also be encouraged by the rapid gain of weight.
As the breasts become larger, they are bound to experience friction from clothes especially with the now larger belly pushing them outwards. With time, skin tags may develop on the nipples.
If you have piercings on the nipple, they may be contributing to the occurrence of skin tags. This will also happen in breastfeeding women.
Most people don’t understand how exactly skin tags develop. This causes many concerns especially when they occur on sensitive areas such as the nipples. Although they rarely pose health risks, it is better to have them removed since continued friction can irritate them and make them bruise.
You can use a tag band device or just tie the stalk of the skin tags with a string at home. With time, they will fall off on their own.
Essential oils are also often used to treat skin conditions occurring on sensitive parts such as the breasts or pimples on the nipple. Such oils include coconut and lavender essential oils. Before using a particular one of your choice, try it on another sensitive part such as behind your ears to see if it will be of harm to your nipples.
Symptoms of skin tag on the tongue
It is not common but it is possible to get a skin tag on the tongue. Any of the following can contribute to the symptoms of a skin tag on the tongue:
- Hormones levels
- HPV or cold sores
- Insulin resistance
- Weight gain
To identify a skin tag on the tongue, look for the flowing symptoms:
- Small skin projections
- Fleshly colored growths
- Painless growths
- Absence of symptoms such as fever, headaches or flu
You can remove a skin tag occurring on the tongue by tying it or using specialized mouth rinses. See your doctor if these methods fail.
Can a skin tag on the scrotum mean cancer in people
If you have a skin tag on the scrotum and are wondering if it is a sign of cancer or an STD, you can sit back and relax. It doesn’t mean you have cancer nor is it indicating that you will develop cancer.
Cancerous growths appear as lumps inside the scrotal sac. STDs on the other hand are always accompanied by other symptoms such as burning sensation when urinating, swollen lymph nodes or foul discharges.
A skin tag on scrotum can be removed with essential oils, tag bands and over the counter freezing kits. However, you still can have them removed in a clinic.
How to Remove Scars – Best Remedies and Removal Procedures That Actually Work.
The skin is prone to many types of scars. A burn, a skin tear, surgery or even trauma will result to a scar. A scar
Remove Skin Tags during pregnancy: genital, vaginal treatment with causes.
As if the weird mood swings and a swollen belly are not enough, pregnancy may also bring along a couple of skin changes including stretch
Causes and Removal Products for Skin Tags, Warts and Moles on Nipples.
Skin tags can appear on any parts of the body. Their infestation tends to increase in certain areas, however. Generally, they mainly occur on armpits,
Do Skin Tags, Moles, Genital and Plantar Warts Itch – Irritations and Bleeding.
Most skin conditions are characterized by itchiness. In fact, even some bumps on the tongue may keep urging you to do some scratching. The funny
Home Remedy and Removal Methods for Moles, Skin Tags and Warts under Arms.
A skin tag is a tumor, but a benign one. When it occurs on the armpits, it is susceptible to friction and heat, a fact
Skin Tag Removal Cream – Treatment cream in India & Australia.
Skin tags are skin growths that are completely harmless as far your health is concerned. However, they can be quite embarrassing and a source of