Moles are common skin disorders, especially in people in their twenties. About 85% to 90% of all reported cases of moles on the skin do not pose adverse health concerns like cancer. In fact, most of them just disappear on their own even without treatment. Skin moles, sometimes referred to as birth marks, result from the over-concentration of melanocytes on a single spot of the skin. Melanocytes are the cells responsible for skin color. In the case of moles, they get concentrated in single spots, forming clusters. Moles are usually black or brown in color.
Skin moles are serious aesthetic concerns, all the same. For one, they may take on a different color from your skin, making them conspicuous and noticeable from a distance. Some of them even develop to the extent of looking like small ant hills on your face. Even worse, they usually occur during the age bracket when we are most concerned about our looks. It is for this reason that knowing how to get rid of moles is of great importance.
How to get rid of moles with home remedies
Home remedies that have been verified as safe to use can easily get rid of moles. Some of them can be used without much preparation. Some will need some additional processing to produce the necessary effects. Below is a list of the most popular and effective remedies for removing moles at home.
- Garlic – Garlic is perhaps most famous and effective of all mole removal home remedies. It works by bringing about an enzymatic breakdown of the concentrated melanocytes. Apart from that, it helps lighten the dark or brown spots left behind by the moles. It is most often recommended for removing a mole on face.
- Iodine – Iodine for mole removal purposes should be purchased from a drug store. It comes in the form of a clinically developed tincture. This remedy can also be used to get rid of scabies. Like many of the products in this list, iodine brings about a natural demise of the clustered melanocytes. In fact, iodine is also recommended for the removal of skin tags.
- Castor, flaxseed, and oregano oil – These oils for mole removal are not only effective for mole removal at home but also for removal of other skin disorders like warts. They remove moles layer by layer until the whole cluster is gone.
- Lemon/pineapple juice – The two contain high levels of acidity. They mainly focus on lightening the dark or brown pigment of skin moles, thus making them less conspicuous. You can use the home remedies for a mole on face or other parts of your body, especially for a black mole. If you cannot find any of these juices, you can opt for any fruit juice rich in citric acid.
- Apple cider vinegar – This remedy is never missing from the lists of best ways to remove moles on skin using home remedies. It has acidic content, a feature that makes it able to kill off the mole cells over a brief period of application. It is recommended that you use coconut oil along with this remedy.
Removing moles using removal cream
You will find several removal cream remedies for skin moles. But do mole removal creams work? Are they better than natural remedies to remove moles? Well, it depends on the current situation you are in. It also depends on the particular cream you are making use of. All the same, most of these creams either do not work or end up posing health concerns in the end.
Any mole removal cream will work by causing the demise of the clustered melanocytes. Such a cream will usually contain either chemical or acidic properties, and it is because of this that removing moles with cream might make you think twice.
The problem that arises from using creams to remove moles on skin is that they are likely to leave scars and in some cases cause serious skin infections. Think of it this way: you will be required to scrape off a small layer of the skin covering the mole. It is on this fleshy part that you should apply the cream. From there, the cream will burn the part of the skin to which the mole is attached, causing it to fall off.
Be very careful with the removal cream you decide to use, especially with a mole on the face. They may leave you with even worse-looking scars. In other cases, the openings required to be made on the moles can act as entry points for dangerous microorganisms. There have been cases of serious skin infections resulting from such creams. Ensure that your doctor has advised you on the best way to deal with these creams. Additionally, it is recommended to avoid using creams to remove a mole on the face. Apart from the scars it may leave you with, it also may enter your eyes.
How to get rid of moles with facial mole removal surgery
If you cannot remove moles yourself, the next best option is to pay a dermatologist a visit. You will be free to choose from laser treatment, freezing moles or surgically removing them. Freezing may take some time before completely removing the mole. Surgeries will only take about two hours. The former is less expensive however.
Laser and surgery is likely to cost about $300. This price quote includes consultation fees, anesthesia and other requirements that will be explained to you by the doctor. In most cases, health insurance plans do not cover mole treatment. However, adjustments can be made if your doctor writes an official declaration to the insurance provider, affirming that your need for the surgery is due to health and not cosmetic concerns.
It is good that you visit a dermatologist a few times before opting for the surgery. He will walk you through the things you will need to know and any other recommendations. Trust in the doctor’s discretion and tell them the reason moles are proving to be either health or cosmetic concerns for you.
Natural removal for skin moles
A natural removal of moles works best but only when done correctly. The products on the list provided earlier in this article should be used according to the special instructions provided. Ensure that you learn more about how each product should be used.
It is also important that you avoid unverified creams and visits to quack doctors. Even though most skin moles are not cancerous, a concerning number of them can eventually develop into skin cancer. Cutting off a mole that is cancerous without consulting a doctor could have the most devastating consequences.
It is best that a qualified doctor examines the mole before having it treated.
Facts you need to know on how to remove moles on skin
There are various methods of how to remove skin moles. It is hard to determine a particular best way to remove skin moles, as circumstances differ. However, the first step should be to visit a dermatologist. He will be the one to determine whether the mole is cancerous or not. He also will advise you on the next step to take. All the same, the available mole treatment methods include:
- Clinical treatment – Laser, surgery and freezing; these methods do not at all address the root cause of moles. Additionally, they can prove very dangerous if done by unqualified personnel.
- Creams – Most of them do not work. Do not use them if you have not been advised by a doctor or have no proof that the cream actually works. Creams are better used for fungus infections. For example, nail fungus cream is very effective.
- Natural methods – This category is mainly populated by oils and home remedies. It is good to compare the details and products discussed on different product websites.
UV light acts as a catalyst to existing moles. In fact, it has been said that UV light can turn non-cancerous moles into cancerous ones. You can have several moles throughout your skin.
Moles are common for people in their twenties. They may disappear, especially at the onset of thirties.
Other than cosmetic concerns, moles are not signs of any serious issues, unless they are cancerous.
Best way to remove moles on skin that will not cause cancer
Only a dermatologist can provide the best way to remove moles on skin if they are cancerous. If you notice any of the following, get medical attention as quickly as you can:
- Skin moles that keep increasing in size; especially when they get past a quarter of an inch in diameter.
- Moles on skin usually are smooth, especially on the edges. They should not take irregular shapes especially at the edges.
- Moles are either brown or black in color. In rare cases, they can take a fleshy appearance or your own skin color. If you notice variations in their appearance, whether in the whole mole or in parts of the mole, get medical attention.
- Moles should not vary in symmetry. Both halves of the mole should be uniform.
Essential Oils For Warts, Skin Tags and Moles – How to Effectively Use Them.
Essential oils are distilled, naturally occurring oils that are extracted from their source, and carrying the fragrance of their individual source. In most cases, these
Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tags, Warts and Mole Removal – Usage and Benefits.
Out of the various home remedies for common skin infections, apple cider vinegar is arguably the most popular and the most effective. It is effective
Ringworm on Neck, Scalp, Face, Foot, Leg and Arm – Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen.
Ringworm or tinea is a fungal infection of the skin. In this case, a strain of fungi grows on a part of the skin and
Castor Oil for Skin, Skin Tags, Moles and Warts – Best Way to Use It Safely At Home.
Castor oil is extracted from the seeds of the naturally wild-growing Ricinus communis. Nowadays, plantations for these plants have been established. Its medicinal properties were
Painful Moles, Skin Tags, Warts: Causes, Signs, Cure, visits to a Doctor.
A mole, skin tag or even a wart appearing anywhere on the skin should generally be painless. Different causes and predisposing factors are responsible for
Skin disorders & diseases: blue skin, EB, common, rare, picking, vitiligo.
The skin is bigger than any other body organ. It is also the most exposed organ, having not only to protect internal organs from external