Skin tags, warts and moles can start to become a nuisance. Even though they are not symptoms of serious health conditions, they can occur in sensitive parts of the body like the face or even the genital area. Medications and creams, clinical procedures, and home remedies are available when it comes to dealing with these skin infections.
Cutting off skin tags; is it safe to cut off skin tags at home?
You can have any of the above skin ailments surgically removed, either at home or in a hospital. It in some cases is dangerous to remove skin tags at home. This is in the event that you do not have the right tools and the correct guidelines as to how to go about ripping off a skin tag. The same goes for cutting off a wart or a mole.
Cutting off skin tags; how to cut a skin tag at home
When cutting off skin tags, moles or warts at home, try the following step by step guidelines:
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and boiled water. Leave them to air dry on their own. To make sure that no germs are left on the hands, rub some alcohol on them.
- Let a pair of scissors and/or a scalpel boil in water for about 4 minutes. Another option is to pass them directly through a flame.
- Find the skin tag, trace it to the root, and pull the rest out away from your skin.
- Ensure that the scissors are placed at the bottom-most part of the root, or stalk. This is the place you are going to cut.
- Snip it off quickly with the scissors, and then immediately apply some pressure on the part previously covered by the skin tag.
- Apply an anti-bacterial lotion or cream on the spot and use a bandage to cover it. Within an average of 36 hours, it will be safe to remove the bandage.
There are some conditions under which ripping off skin tags at home should not be done at all. For example, if you lack proper sterilizing compounds, don’t cut off the skin tag or wart. Also, if you are have a skin tag on the anus, have it removed by a doctor.
Cutting off a mole; how to cut a mole
Moles are not easy skin ailments to get rid of by cutting them off at home. If you want to cut off a mole, have it done by a doctor. Following are the reasons as to why cutting off a mole at home is dangerous:
- It is likely that the mole will bleed and this will of course be extremely painful. In a hospital, an anesthesic will take care of that.
- There is a risk of transmitting infections. Additionally, you may provide an entry point for harmful microorganisms to get into the body.
- The equipment you are using for cutting off a mole might not have the required precision. This means that you could leave uneven scars on the parts you have removed the moles from.
- You might be cutting off a cancerous tumor, one you have mistaken for a common mole. This is potentially fatally dangerous. It’s best to have the mole checked by a doctor first.
How to cut out a wart; cutting off warts
Warts are viral infections. Even after cutting them off, they will still come back after some time. Warts can develop in some areas of the body that can make it dangerous to attempt to cut them at home. For example, you can end up damaging your genital organs in attempt to cut off a wart. The penile shaft, for instance, is filled with tiny blood vessels. Accidental cutting of such vessels will lead to unnecessary bleeding.
Hospitals provide the best solutions for getting rid of a wart. In a hospital, a doctor will give it a more strategic approach than just literally cutting off a wart. Here, the layers of the wart will be scraped step by step, all while you are under an anesthesic.
Make no attempt to cut out a wart at home. In fact, it’s a better idea to make use of OTC products and home remedies like castor oil for skin.
Ringworm on Neck, Scalp, Face, Foot, Leg and Arm – Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen.
Ringworm or tinea is a fungal infection of the skin. In this case, a strain of fungi grows on a part of the skin and
How to remove skin tags in groin area by yourself with pictures?
Projections that attach to the skin through a thin stalk and take on the color of the flesh are likely going to be skin tags.
Filiform Warts Removal – All Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Home Remedies.
The appearance of filiform warts is a bit unique compared to other types of warts. They are characterized by long projections which can measure up
Anal Skin Tags & Warts – Causes and Best Removal Options for Genital Tags.
Anal warts and skin tags on the anus are common occurrences. Neither of these pose serious concerns. However, they can develop and end up being
Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck, Groin, Armpit, Throat, under the Jaw, Chin.
Lymph nodes are a part of a very complex body system responsible for keeping the body free from microbial infections. Swollen lymph nodes are an
Genital Warts: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments for Men and Women.
Genital warts are sexually transmitted infections. They are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). They account for a very large percent of sexually transmitted infections. In