Castor oil is extracted from the seeds of the naturally wild-growing Ricinus communis. Nowadays, plantations for these plants have been established. Its medicinal properties were discovered long ago in Africa. It is also among the few oils that are not topical medications. Castor oil has been associated with a lot of health benefits, for general health and for skin-related health benefits. But all these benefits shouldn’t mislead you. A castor bean contains a lethal toxin which proves fatal upon ingestion.
It is for this reason that processing has to be done before the oil can be available for safe use. It is helpful to keep a bottle of castor oil at home. In fact, it helps in common household accidents like slight burns or cuts. Just apply it on the affected area. It will act as a protective layer as well as speed up the healing process.
7 Benefits of castor oil for skin especially on face
- Slows down aging – The production of collagen and elastin is stimulated by the application of castor oil to the skin. These two compounds bring about a soft skin texture and dehydration of the skin especially on face.
- Removes scars – Repeated application of castor oil is said to remove scars occurring on the skin. This is achieved by promoting tissue growth around the scars.
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory – One of the benefits of castor oil for the skin is that it helps reduce skin inflammation. In fact, it can be used as a remedy for sunburns. This property also makes it a suitable removal remedy for common skin ailments like skin tags and moles.
- Keeps the skin moisturized – it is very important that the skin, especially on the face, be sufficiently moisturized. This is one of the many benefits of castor oil for the skin. This can be achieved by taking the oil orally or through direct application.
- Promotes hair growth – Hair is a very important part of the skin. It helps in the appropriate opening and closing of skin pores. With the ability to promote hair growth, castor oil indirectly benefits the skin in this matter.
- Reduces color pigmentation – Castor oil has the ability to clear off skin spots as well as marks. It can also be used to attain consistency in skin color and tone.
- Detoxifies the skin – The undercylenic acid in castor oil keeps bacteria and common skin infectious microorganisms away from the skin. This helps keep the toxins produced by these microorganisms away. It is important to note that the bad smell that many skin toxins produce are caused by microorganisms living on the surface of the skin.
Castor oil for skin tags; how to remove skin tags with castor oil
If used consistently and in the right way, castor oil can effectively help remove skin tags. It application is pretty simple and straight forward. The most that it needs is that consistency be used when using castor oil for skin tags. Below is a step by step guide:
- Prepare some baking soda in a small dish. Add a few drops of castor oil. Make sure that there is more baking soda than castor oil.
- Muddle the mixture till you get a thick paste out of it. The consistency of the paste should be almost similar to a gel. This will buy you time to fix medical tape into place after the application.
- Apply some of the paste all over the skin tags to be removed. Don’t worry about smearing the paste on areas not affected by the tags. The paste poses no corrosion threats.
- Use medical or bandage tape to hold the paste on its position. Ensure that the tape is large enough to cover the entire tags.
- After about 8 hours, remove the band of tape and wash that part of the skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis till the desired results are achieved. To speed up the effects, you can add one or two drops of apple cider vinegar to the solution. But you will have to be careful since apple cider can cause irritation to the skin.
- It can take up to 6 weeks to remove skin tags with castor oil. This doesn’t mean that the oil is ineffective. It mainly depends on the intensity and depth of the tags and how well the application is being done.
You can opt to use castor oil on its own to remove skin tags. In this case, always ensure that the section to which the skin tag is attached never dries from the oil. The best thing with castor oil is that it can be applied to the skin directly without much concern about allergic reactions or irritation. For this reason, you can even use it to remove tags under arms or on the face.
Castor oil for moles; mole removal with castor oil
Castor oil for removing moles can be used in various ways. The first and most obvious way is applying the oil directly on the moles themselves. The other way is similar to the one explained above for skin tags removal. But since moles are more persistent, the following mole-removal procedures can be used.
Mix a half teaspoonful of garlic and about two and a half drops of castor oil in a small dish. When the mixture has turned into a paste, apply it on the mole, ensuring that you have washed clean the areas around the mole. After a few hours, wash the area and repeat the process two times each day.
Mix honey, flaxseed powder and castor oil into a thick mixture. Since honey is sticky, it will allow you to apply the mixture on the washed part of the skin marked by the mole. Apply a bandage or tape and wait for several hours before removing it. Again, repeat this two times a day.
Finally, you can use tea tree oil with castor oil for mole removal. Once you have mixed one teaspoon of tea tree oil with 3 drops of castor oil, soak a cotton ball and use a bandage to hold it in place on the mole. Once more, repeat this two times each day.
There is not a specific duration of time that it will take for the desired results to be achieved. The most important thing to keep in mind is that the right results are underway and you should not abandon the procedure for using castor oil for mole removal. However, if it goes past 6 weeks without any positive results, consider having a doctor check the mole. It may prove not to be a mole after all, and need other remedies.
Using apple cider vinegar is one of the best ways to remove moles. When moles have proven too tough for castor oil, add a few drops of tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar to the particular removal solution you currently are making use of. The acid in the vinegar will soften the moles and corrode them away with constant application.
Castor oil for warts; wart removal with castor oil
Castor oil contains an acid, ricinoleic acid to be particular, which makes it an effective remedy for wart removal. It also contains compounds known as antioxidants, and vitamin E, which helps in skin tissue development and health. Castor oil for wart removal can be used alone or in mixtures with other essential oils and substances.
You can opt to use castor oil alone for wart removal. To do this, rub the oil on and around the affected areas using a cotton ball soaked in the oil. It is better that you bandage the cotton ball on the warts and leave it there for several hours. This process should be repeated daily at a rate of two times a day.
In most cases, castor oil for wart removal will combine both the oil and baking soda. Just make a thick paste out of the two and apply the paste on the warts. You can add one or two drops of tea tree oil or just leave the mixture the way it is. Again, keep the paste in place by fixing a bandage or tape on the warts. After few hours, remove the tape and rinse the infected area with lukewarm water. Keep repeating this process until you get rid of the warts.
For genital wart removal, refrain from using over-concentrated remedies like cider vinegar for warts even alongside castor oil. Instead, use castor oil mixed with powdered aspirin and 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil for warts. Be careful when using home remedies for genital wart removal.
Lastly, castor oil can be used with zinc oxide to remove warts. You can access zinc oxide cream over the counter. A mixture of the two is supposed to be applied about thrice a day, on daily basis until the warts have been cleared from the skin.
Do Skin Tags, Moles, Genital and Plantar Warts Itch – Irritations and Bleeding.
Most skin conditions are characterized by itchiness. In fact, even some bumps on the tongue may keep urging you to do some scratching. The funny
Removal and Treatment for Warts on Face, Leg, Feet, Hands, Finger, Lip.
Warts are benign skin tumors that are caused by human papillomavirus. This virus causes a rapid multiplication of the topmost layer of the skin causing
Moles during Pregnancy: Signs, Causes, Removal, When to See a Doctor.
If you have been keeping track of your moles, which you should be doing, you might have noticed some changes that occur when pregnant. Some
Genital Warts: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments for Men and Women.
Genital warts are sexually transmitted infections. They are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). They account for a very large percent of sexually transmitted infections. In
What does it mean when a wart, mole or skin tags are turning black?
In normal cases, warts and skin tags will take on the color of the skin. Moles, on the other hand, can appear black, tan, pink
Penis Skin Tags – How to Remove Them from Genital Area Safely.
The difference between a penis skin tag and a skin tag elsewhere than the genital areas is that the former is more irritating. All types