Before harmful microbes can make it to the inside of the body, they have to get past the skin. Luckily the skin is relatively resistant and will keep out most of such entries.
However, microbes from time to time find an entry point and end up causing all manner of havoc. Entry points include oral and mucosa membranes, cuts, injuries, cracks and other openings.
Apart from protecting against external microbial invasions, the skin is also involved in quite a number of body processes such as thermoregulation and excretion. For this reason, signs of something not working as it should be inside the body can be noted in form of skin changes and sometimes rare skin disorders.
All these and related reasons make it necessary to take very good care of the skin. Since conventional treatments are never without side effects, natural treatment options often provide for a better solution.
One of the best ways to naturally take care of the skin is by making a DIY or an Illumask. In this article, we will discuss the various remedies and ways to come up with such a mask.
What is a homemade face mask for acne and facial care?
You may have come across a recipe for a DIY face mask and started to wonder what exactly it is. Basically, the mask involves coming up with a combination of remedies that can be applied on facial skin to rejuvenate the same.
A Do It Yourself (DIY) homemade face mask for acne, for example, focuses on remedies such as honey and similar options, which have traditionally been used and known to promote a couple of health benefits to the skin.
Home remedies have for centuries been used for skin related benefits. Fearing side effects such as scar mark or the complications involved with skin care products and medications, a significant portion of the population find facial masks definite options.
From reviews and before after pictures, it can be comfortably said that facial masks for acne and skin health do work. This is as long as the right remedies have been used and correctly.
Best home remedies for homemade face mask for acne
Below is a list of most notable homemade face mask for acne remedies. They are listed in no particular order of effectiveness.
- Honey – it fights bacteria and also soothes the skin. This is not even mentioning its mildness, making it a good option for a facial mask remedy.
- Coconut oil – keeps the skin hydrated, thus avoiding the need for excess secretion of sebum.
- Green tea – it carries a lot of natural substances that help fight free radicals. These are compounds that bind with collagen and make the skin loose.
- Cinnamon – very effective in fighting microbial and potential infections. It is also great in complementing the benefits of other remedies.
- Apple cider vinegar – traditionally, it has been used to fight microbial infections of many kinds. It also aids in balancing skin chemistry. Its acidic nature contributes to most of its benefits but also makes it inappropriate for use on sensitive conditions such as vaginal skin tags.
- Sugar – there is glycolic acid in sugarcane juice. This is an acid that corrodes dead skin and makes way for healthy skin to form.
- Aspirin – crushed to make a paste, these pills are great in getting rid of dead skin.
- Turmeric – aids in reducing inflammations. It also gets rid of oxidation agents, which naturally act as poisons to the skin.
- Aloe Vera – its benefits to the skin extend from anti-oxidation to preventing proliferation of microbial. It is also a skin soother. It can also be used for psoriasis treatment.
- Olive oil – one of the greatest carrier oils. It hydrates the skin as well as providing a soothing effect to irritated skin areas.
- Lemon juice – extracts excess oil from the skin. It also succeeds in fighting off microbial on top of corroding off unhealthy skin. For the latter reason, the juice can be used to prevent razor bumps infection.
- Baking soda – like lemon, it keeps excess oil from the skin. Its pH levels make an unfriendly environment for germs to prosper.
How to make DIY face mask for acne
Below are some of the ways you can come up with a DIY face mask for acne:
Apple cider vinegar facial mask
Into a glass container, add a tsp of ACV. Wait for it to settle and add 2 tsps. of green tea. To the mixture, add 3 tsps. of sugar and a final tsp of honey. You can always introduce more sugar to make a thicker paste.
A cotton ball will help you paint the mixture to your face. Give it 15 minutes and wash clean with enough water. You can repeat this treatment 2 times in a week.
Honey with lemon and sugar
To a glass container, add a tsp of green tea. Consecutively, introduce the same measure of honey and some lemon juice into the container. Finally, add 3 tsp of brown sugar. Again, more sugar can be used for a thicker paste.
Apply the mixture to facial area and leave it for 15 minutes. After that, wash clean with enough water.
Aspirin with lemon
This is the DIY face mask for acne you only have to use if your face is not overly sensitive and in the case of extreme acne.
Make a paste out of aspirin pills. Normally, 4 pills will do. To the paste, add 3 tsp of lemon juice. Apply the paste to the whole of facial area, excluding the sensitive parts such as around the eyes and nose, and leave for 15 minutes. After that, wash clean with enough water.
Aloe with cinnamon and honey
Measure a tsp of cinnamon into a glass container. To it, add 3 tsp of honey and some gel from aloe Vera plant. Make a fine mixture from the remedies and apply it to whole facial skin.
Leave it for 15 minutes and wash with enough water.
Coconut oil with baking soda and honey
Add 1 tsp of each of the three remedies to a glass container. Shake or stir well to attain a fine mixture. After that, apply it to the facial region. Like always, remember to keep off the sensitive parts such as the eyes and mouth.
Give it 15 minutes and rinse clean. Warmed water will do the rinsing better.
Any of the above recipes can be used to come up with a DIY or IlluMask acne mask at home. You can always explore other varying recipes.
Be careful with lemon juice and baking soda use when applying to the face. They may end up drying your skin, to the point that they will actually encourage acne. Caution also goes for the use of apple cider vinegar. It is corrosive in nature, so ensure not to leave it on the skin for long.
How to make a homemade face mask for acne with bentonite clay
Also referred to as green clay, bentonite is among if not the best clay you can make a DIY mask for acne. Although there are other recipes you can try, the basic one involves the following:
- Make a paste with water and the clay in the ration of 2:1
- Add a tsp of honey into the mixture
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil or any other essential oil of choice
- You can also add some coconut or olive oil. This is not always necessary
- Apply the mixture and leave it for 15 minutes
- After the waiting period is over, wash with warm water
This clay mask is best for people with oily skins. It works by reducing the excess oil plus by unclogging skin pores.
Best face mask for acne scars
As you will find out, different facial masks are best when used to address a particular skin condition. When it comes to acne scars, we would recommend a facial mask with onion and oatmeal. The two remedies might just succeed in getting rid of acne scars.
Turmeric-containing masks are also great skin brighteners. In fact, turmeric itself is strong enough that it can stain clothes. For better results, add some olive oil to make it more mild. You can also use yogurt in place of the olive oil. This mask will leave your facial skin feeling softer and lighter.
For very oily skins, try masks with a clay type, fruit juices and overripe bananas. A baking soda face mask might also work in this case but may end up drying the skin much more than required.
For notorious acne on relatively tolerant skin, try a combo of lemon juice and aspirin. In fact, this recipe may work just as chemical peels do.
A DIY face mask may prove the greatest home treatment you have ever tried on your face and skin in general. This is only as long as the ingredients and recipes have been followed correctly . You can always compare preparation details as offered in different sources.
You may want to learn more about cystic acne causes and what the condition involves. This is because home treatment for the same is usually not advised for.
Ensure that you have a good understanding of your skin, especially regarding how sensitive it is and what products it can react to, for best results.
How to get rid of body Acne: causes and products for treatment.
Body acne can both be embarrassing and discomforting. Even worse, it may prove harder to get rid of than you may have initially estimated. Most
Best over the counter Acne medicine that works: medications and pills.
Over the counter medications and products to treat acne offer a less expensive and widely accessible option to get rid of annoying zits. With so
Acne during pregnancy in the body: signs, symptoms and treatments.
The body undergoes various notable changes during pregnancy. Acne is one of the changes. It can also worsen already existing acne pimples. Acne during pregnancy
How to use Coconut oil for Acne: how to apply, before and after results.
Coconut oil is one of the natural products on which a lot of different studies have been conducted. It is ranked among the healthiest of
How to get rid of Acne fast – best way for overnight acne removing.
Of all skin conditions, acne is most common. It is also sometimes referred to as pimples, papules or zits. Acne can appear anywhere on the
How to use tea tree oil for Acne: treatment, reviews, before and after results.
Acne ranks among the most common of all skin conditions. It is not that harmful and will actually heal on its own. However, reasons for