Moles are common skin disorders especially in people in their twenties. About 85% to 90% of all reported cases of moles on skin do not pose adverse health concerns like cancer. In fact, most of them just disappear on their own even without treatment. Skin moles, sometimes referred to as birth marks result from over concentration of melanocytes on a single spot of the skin. Melanocytes are cells responsible for skin color. In case of skin moles, they get concentrated in single spots, forming clusters. Moles are usually black or brown in color.
Skin moles are serious aesthetic concerns all the same. For one, they may take a different color from your skin’s color making them conspicuous and noticeable from a distance. Some of them even develop to extents of looking like small ant hills on your face. Even worse, they usually occur during the age bracket when one is most concerned about their looks. It is for this reason that knowing how to get rid of moles is of great importance.
How to get rid of moles with home remedies
Home remedies that have been verified as safe to use can easily get rid of moles. Some of them can be used raw without mu0ch needed processing. Some will need some additional processing to produce the necessary effects. Below is a list of the most popular and effective mole removal at home remedies.
- Garlic – Garlic is perhaps most famous and effective of all mole removal home remedies. It works by bringing about an enzymatic breakdown of the concentrated melanocytes. Apart from that, it helps lighten the dark or brown spots left behind by the moles. It is most recommendable in removing a mole on face.
- Iodine – Iodine for mole removal purposes should be accessed from a drug store. It comes in form of a clinically developed tincture. This remedy can also be used to get rid of scabies.
Like many of the products in this list, iodine brings about a natural demise of the clustered melanocytes. In fact, iodine is also recommended for skin tags removal.
- Castor, Flaxseed, Oregano oil – These oils for moles removal are not only effective for mole removal at home but also for removal of other skin disorders like warts. They remove skin moles layer by layer until the whole cluster is gone.
- Lemon/pineapple juice – The two contain slight levels of acidity. They mainly focus on lightening the dark or brown pigment of skin moles thus making them less conspicuous. You can use the home remedies for a mole on face or other open parts of your body, especially for a black mole. If you cannot access any of these juices, you can opt for any fruit juice rich in citric acid.
- Apple cider vinegar – You will never miss this remedy in a list of best way to remove moles on skin using home remedies. It has slight acidic contents, a feature that makes it able to kill off the mole cells over a short time of application. It is recommended that you use coconut oil alongside this remedy.
Removing moles using removal cream
You will find several removal cream remedies for skin moles. But does skin moles removal cream work? Are they better than natural removal of moles? Well, it depends on the current situation you are in. it also depends on the particular cream you are making use of. All the same, most of the creams either do not work or end up posing health concerns in the end.
Any skin moles removal cream will work on the by casing demise of the clustered melanocytes. Such a cream will usually contain either chemical or acidic properties, and it is for this fact that removing moles with creams raises lot of eyebrows.
The problem that arises from using creams to remove moles on skin is that they are likely to leave scars and in some cases cause serious skin infections. Think of it this way, you will be required to scrap off a small layer of the skin covering the mole. It is on this fleshy part that you should apply the cream on. From there, the cream will burn the part of the skin that the mole is attached causing it to fall off.
Be very careful with the removal cream you decide to use, especially with a mole on face. They may leave you with even worse looking scars. In other cases, the fleshy parts created on the moles can act as entry points for dangerous microorganisms. There have been cases of serious skin infections resulting from such creams. Ensure that your doctor has advised you on the best way forward with moles removal creams. Additionally, avoid using creams to remove a mole on face. Apart from the scars it may leave you, it also may enter your eyes.
How to get rid of moles with facial mole removal surgery
If you cannot remove moles yourself, the best open option is to pay a dermatologist a visit. You will be free to choose from laser treatment, freezing moles or surgically removing them. Freezing may take sometimes before completely removing the mole. Surgeries will only take about two hours. The former is less expensive however.
Laser and surgery is likely to cost about $300. This price quote is inclusive of consultation fees, anesthesia and other requirements that will be explained to you by the doctor. In most cases, health insurances plans do not cover for skin moles treatment. However, adjustments can be made if our doctor is to write an official declaration to the insurance provider affirming that your need for the surgery is on health and not cosmetic concerns.
It is good that you visit a dermatologist some times before going for the surgery. He will take you through most of the things you will need to know and any necessary recommendations. Trust in the doctor’s discretion and tell them the actual reason moles are bringing proving health or cosmetic concerns to you.
Natural removal for skin moles
Natural removal for skin moles works best but only when done correctly. In the list I provided earlier in this article, the products should be used as according to the special instructions provided. Ensure that you learn more on how each product should be made use of.
It is also important that you avoid unverified creams and visits to quack doctors. Even though most skin moles are not cancerous, a concerning number of them can finally develop to skin cancer. Cutting off a mole that is cancerous would have the most devastating consequences.
It is best that a qualified doctor gets to examine the mole before having it treated.
Facts you need to know on how to remove moles on skin
There are various methods of how to remove skin moles. It is hard to determine a particular best way to remove skin moles. However, the first step should be to visit a dermatologist. He will be the one to determine whether the mole is cancerous or not. He also will advise on the right step forward to take. All the same, the available mole treatment methods include:
Clinical treatment – Laser, surgery and freezing; these methods do not at all address the real cause of moles. Additionally, they can prove very dangerous if done by unqualified personnel.
Creams – Most of them do not work. Do not use any of them if you have not been advised by a doctor or have no proof that the cream actually works. Creams are better used for fungus infections. For example, nail fungus cream is very effective.
Natural methods – This category is mainly populated by oils and home remedies. It is good that you compare the details and products discussed in different websites.
UV light acts as a catalyst to existing moles. In fact, it has been said that UV light can turn no-cancerous moles into cancerous ones.
You can have several moles throughout your skin.
Moles are common for people in their twenties. They soon disappear especially at the onset of thirties.
Other than cosmetic concerns, moles are not signs of any serious concern; well, unless they are cancerous.
Best way to remove moles on skin that will not cause cancer
Only a dermatologist can provide the best way to remove moles on skin if they are cancerous. If you notice any of the following, get medical attention as quick as you can:
- Skin moles that keep increasing in size; especially when they get past a quarter of an inch in diameter.
- Moles on skin usually are smooth especially on the edges. They should not take irregular shapes especially at the edges.
- Moles are either brown or black in color. In rare cases, they can take a fleshy appearance or your own skin color. If you notice variations in their appearance, whether in the whole mole or in parts of the mole, get medical attention.
- Moles should not asymmetrically vary. By this I mean that both halves of the mole must be uniform.