Toe nail fungus is a common infection. In its earliest stages, it manifests itself as yellow or white spots just under the tips of the toenails or fingernails. If left untreated, it takes over the whole nail, resulting in loss of the natural pigment, shape and orientation of the nail. See descriptive pictures for better illustrations. It is just one of the many skin fungus infections that occur in humans.
How to treat skin fungus
Other than nail fungus, fungus infections can occur in any of the following parts of the body:
- Foot – Mainly occurs underneath the nails. It can spread to the sole of the foot, a condition known as athlete’s foot.
- Skin – This type of fungus infection can occur on any part of the skin that comes into direct contact with the fungus. However, the neck is most frequently affected.
- Feet – Manifests itself in the form of athlete’s foot.
- Breast – Tends to appear on the upper sides of the breast. With time, it spreads and covers most of the visible parts of the breast.
- Fingers – Attacks fingernails, causing them to lose their coloration and physical form just like in toenails.
- Face – It can occur on different parts of the face, mostly the bridge of the nose, the eyes, behind the ears, and the neck.
If left untreated, fungus infections spread to other parts of the body. They also are highly contagious. Different treatment methods will be prescribed for different types of fungus. The best thing is to have the condition checked by a doctor before trying any curative remedy. Getting rid of razor bumps can also help prevent further fungal infections and spread. This is because swollen razor bumps may provide entry points for the fungus.
Best treatment for toenail fungus
Sometimes, toenail fungus may cause pain or discomfort. In such case, it is important that you choose one of the available options on how to remove toenail fungus. However, it is unlikely that it will develop to anything serious even without treatment. The worst it can get is spreading to other parts of your foot or fingernails. Sometimes, it can develop into athlete’s foot. Below are the best treatment remedies available for toenail fungus:
Antifungal tablets – As their name suggests, they are taken to attack any infestation of fungi in the body. They should be taken on a daily basis at a rate of two tablets.
Nail paints – These specialized paints have antifungal abilities. They should be applied on the areas affected by toenail fungus.
Nail softening kits – They are applied to the affected areas as remedies to soften the nails, after which the nail is removed.
A decision to completely remove a nail will depend on the severity of the infection. In even more severe cases, laser treatment is advised.
How to get rid of foot fungus
The fungus that causes foot fungus is always present on the skin. It lives there harmlessly, till it finds a foot that is poorly taken care of to infest.
There are many remedies that can be used to get rid of foot fungus. Most of them are available in form of a cream and are available over the counter. You can also make use of specially formulated foot wash and later apply an anti-fungal cream to the affected areas.
The most important thing is getting the right remedy to cure the foot fungus. Also, it is important that you observe the right habits to avoid further infestation. Generally, any habit likely to leave your feet wet, your toenails damaged or that brings you into contact with infected individuals will cause toe fungus and in time foot fungus.
How to remove skin fungus with an effective home remedy
Skin fungus will not bring you cancer or other such serious diseases. But it is very irritating when it occurs. The good news is that you can use a cheap and accessible home remedy to get rid of it upon infestation. Below is a list of home remedies from which you can choose the most available one for ringworm treatment:
- Apple cider vinegar – Make sure that the affected area is clean before applying this home remedy. It arguably is the best cure for skin fungus.
- Hydrogen peroxide – This home remedy should only be used in its diluted forms. It clears off fungal infections after several applications. The most important thing is to check the directions when diluting it.
- Tea tree oil – Daily application of this remedy will rid you of skin fungus in no time. The basic thing to remember is not to apply it on uncleaned affected areas. For best results, ensure that it never dries on the affected area.
- Nail polish – Important in keeping your nails dry. It helps avoid any entry of fungus into the body, which might later develop into skin fungus.
- Lemon/ pineapple juice – The amounts of citric acid in this remedies help clear off fungus infestation on the skin.
How to treat breast fungus
Breast fungus doesn’t mean that the inside of your breast is or is going to become infected. It may occur on the side especially towards the underarm. It is important to see various pictures of this type of fungus to be clear on what we are discussing.
The best treatment for breast fungus should be suggested by a doctor. The reason as to why this is the case is because some treatment methods may end up leaving spots and marks on your breasts. In most cases, a breast fungus will be eradicated by an antifungal cream. To help reduce itching or inflammation, your doctor may prescribe a corticosteroid cream.
It is important that you learn the prevention mechanisms for fungus on breasts. For example, avoid sharing bras, bedding or towels.
Best cure for finger fungus
Finger fungus is easily treatable with over the counter remedies. For example, an application of clotrimazole as directed in user manual will see the end of finger fungus in no time.
Apart from over the counter remedies, you can choose any of the home remedies discussed above for curing fungus infections. Additionally, ensure that your nails are kept clean and any case of an open sore is kept bandaged.
Laser removal for fungus on the face
Fungus on the face can result from various causes. For example, it can be a symptom of candidiasis, genital warts or just a minor infestation of fungi. To ensure that it is not resulting from a genital wart, look for any signs of a bump on the vagina.
It is for this reason that laser removal is the best treatment for fungus on face. The fact is that you may be focusing on applying antifungal creams and lotions while the real cause of the infection lies deep within the body.
Remedies for fungus feet infections
The feet are the parts of the body most susceptible to fungal infestations. But this only happens when the right hygienic conditions are not met.
For example, going around barefoot will often result in the picking up of fungal spores from the soil. This will be worsened by the fact that a barefooted individual is likely to have an open sore on some part of their feet.
While creams and more complex laser removal options are available for foot fungus, it is important that good hygienic habits be observed.