Of the various home remedies for common skin infections, apple cider vinegar is arguably the most popular and most effective. It is effective in removing moles, common skin fungus, skin tags and even warts. You will find all you need to know about apple cider vinegar for skin infections in this article.
Benefits of Apple cider vinegar for skin
You might encounter a certain long list of benefits of apple sider vinegar for skin that you even get to actually doubt if the list is credible. Well, it is true that this remedy has many benefits to the skin. This is brought about by a combination of five compounds:
- Acetic acid
These are the compounds present in apple cider that makes it good for skin. For example, acetic acid acts as an anti-biotic by killing off any harmful bacteria that might be fostering on your skin. There have been claims that it is utilized by productive bacteria on the skin.
Apple cider vinegar also reduces acid reflux. On top of that, it also helps in the proper management of blood sugar levels in the blood and adds polyphenols in the body. All these health benefits associated with apple cider vinegar act as skin care plans in one way or another.
Remove tags with apple cider vinegar for skin tags
Ensure that you are trying to get rid of skin tags and not skin infections mistaken for skin tags. Don’t mistake skin tags with other skin infections like moles or warts. Below is a step by step guide to remove tags with apple cider vinegar for skin tags:
- Have the skin tag checked, just to ensure that it is not a malignant tumor.
- Wash clean the part of the skin on which the tag is attached. It is better that you use any form of a mild soap.
- Dry off the cleaned area.
- Soak a ball of cotton in a solution of apple cider vinegar for skin tags. Squeeze off any excess solution, to avoid it from dripping to other unnecessary parts of the skin.
- Hold the soaked cotton ball in place for about quarter of an hour. You can use a bandage to keep it in place for that duration.
- Keep repeating the process until a time that the tag withers off and falls on its own.
Note that apple cider vinegar might cause corrosion to sensitive parts of the body like eyes and genital areas. Don’t use this method especially for anal skin tags. Apple cider vinegar should be used in its diluted forms. In fact, it works better when used alongside coconut oil. If it proves too corrosive for your skin, switch to tea tree oil.
Wart removal with apple cider vinegar for warts
Wart removal with apple cider vinegar for warts will produce very effective results when carried out n the right manner. Below is the best wart removal procedure with:
- Wash clean the areas affected by warts. Use a pumice stone to file off the upper hard protective layer of the warts. Warts do not contain nerve ending, so you can stop worrying about feeling pain.
- Apply Vaseline or a protective gel on the arts. This will stop any form of corrosion from apple cider vinegar for warts.
- Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar.
- Cover the entire area affected by warts with the soaked cotton ball. You can use a duct tape to hold the ball in position. Let it remain in that position even when going to bed.
- Repeat this process until the warts wither off completely.
Removing moles with apple cider vinegar for moles
The easiest way of removing moles with apple cider vinegar for moles is:
- Measure a cotton ball, one the size of the mole you want to remove.
- Soak the cotton in apple cider vinegar solution. Here, be careful with the concentration of the solution. It might burn your skin if highly concentrated.
- Cover the entire mole with the cotton ball.
- Fix a bandage or a duct tape on the cotton ball to keep it in place.
- After an average of 7 hours, replace both the cotton ball and the duct tape with fresh ones.