Anal warts and skin tags on anus are common occurrences. Both do not pose serious concerns. However, they can develop to be painful or even bleed especially when irritate by tight underwear and toilet paper. These two conditions should not be confused with one another. In this article, you will find out all you need about facts, cause and best removal options for anal warts and anal skin tags.
This type of genital warts does not grow very large. They either infest the areas inside or around the anus. In most cases, patients do not even realize that the warts are there until a time that they grow too large or cause constant itching. The more they get irritated, especially by toilet paper, warts will bleed, a fact that makes it possible to discover that they are there.
Skin tags on the other hand are flappy small tissues that protrude from the skin. They are caused by friction, either from two rubbing body parts or from clothing. They can develop on the buttocks or around the anus. In some cases, the tags develop in the rectal area. Both tags and warts are benign all the same.
What causes external skin tags around anus?
All types of skin tags are caused by friction. It is the manner and cause of the friction that differs.
Constipation or frequent passing of hard tool can cause a skin tag around anus. This is especially when you feel pain when passing stool or are forced to push the stool out through the rectal track.
Pregnancy and childbirths are also associated with anal skin tags. This mainly happens when there are complications during childbirth, forcing the rectal area to withstand a lot of pressure. In the first stages, the tags may start as fissures, which later develop to full blown skin tags.
They also may be caused by anal sexual intercourse. Anal sexual intercourse is associated with a lot of pressure, which in turn creates the friction that brings about the tags.
Obesity is also a popular cause of external skin tags on the buttocks. As expected, obese individuals have a larger likelihood of having extra tissues rubbing against each other. All the same, unless skin tags around anus get to a point of bleeding and causing entry points for bacteria in the body, they are generally benign.
When the veins along the anal area are subjected to too much pressure, they may end up swelling and turning blue or purple. This condition is commonly referred to as hemorrhoids. They can occur externally or internally. This condition is from time to time confused with anal skin tags. Although the former can result into the latter, they are not the same at all. All the same, both only cause irritation, nuisance or bleeding of the affected areas but no serious health concerns.
How to remove skin tags and recovery options
Chances are high that you will develop a skin tag at some point in life. Even though they mostly are benign, it is important that you learn how to get rid of anal skin tags or even vaginal skin tags. It has been reported that a good number of people struggle with genital skin tags due to the privacy issues involved in their removal.
You can choose to get remove anal skin tags yourself at home or have them removed in a clinic by a qualified doctor. The former method is less expensive but poses a couple of challenges. Below are the three most popular ways on how to get rid of anal skin tags in a clinic.
- Cryotherapy – This method involves freezing off the tags using liquefied oxygen. The best thing with this method is that it invites no bleeding and has less complicated recovery options. Have you doctor take you through what it involves and the period it will likely take to get rid of the tags ones and for all.
- Excision surgery – This involves a surgical operation that cuts off the skin tag. This method is also open for genital warts. In fact, cutting off a wart is preferable to using removal creams and such. Most health insurance covers do not cater for skin tag excision expenses. However, if the tags are resulting from hemorrhoids, you can have the expenses covered by your insurance.
- Laser treatment – This method is perfect for a perianal skin tag. However, it will cost you more to use laser treatment. This method is recommendable for tags resulting from hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoids are known to cause skin tags, which then brings about complications in treating the two with simple home remedies or procedures.
Recovery after removing anal skin tags
After going through a successive skin tags or warts removal, successive recovery is of big importance. Note that chances are high that a skin scarring will occur on the spot where the skin tag was removed. Most cases take about 3 days to heal off. The period depends on how strong your immune system is and how large the tags were.
There are remedies that can help speed up the healing process. For example, tea tree oil can shorten the period significantly and also help avoid further infection. You can also consider getting a fully equipped removal kit or a recommendable essential oil.
During the recovery period, keep an eye on the spot where the tag was removed. If you notice any signs of infection like swelling, pus, streaks, or excessive pain, bleeding, get medical help immediately. Since most of the failed recovery cases happen in individuals who have preferred to remove skin tags at home, it is advisable that you get them removed in a clinic.
How to get rid of anal warts without bleeding
At first, anal warts will appear inside the anus and spread outside to other parts of the body. Even though they pose no serious health concerns, it is advisable that they get removed as soon as they are discovered. Most patients experience itching on the areas around the anus. Due to irritation from toilet paper and the friction, it is likely that the warts will start bleeding with time. Below are the steps to wart removal procedure.
- Topical medications are recommendable for external warts. They usually come in form of ointments, which is directly applied on the warts. It is a simple procedure, one that will not take much of your time in a clinic.
- Freezing the warts with liquefied nitrogen always produces the desired results. Ensure that this procedure is carried out in the recommendable number of times. This is to ensure that no warts have been left untreated. Freezing the warts prevent any cases of bleeding during the removal surgery.
- Proceed with a surgery that will have the warts surgically removed. The reason as to why surgical removal of warts is advisable is because it removes all the arts in a matter of minutes and without concerns like getting your skin corroded by creams or lotions. –during the surgery, you will be put under anesthesia, so don’t worry about the pain. Ensure that you have consulted your doctor on the projected wart removal cost.
- Take it upon yourself to successfully complete the recommended recovery period. This is best done through checkups. Additionally, abstain from sex to reduce cases of spreading the warts. Some studies have suggested that the HPV virus is responsible for this type of warts, a fact that makes it highly contagious.
Cutting off a wart is not very advisable. It is only safe when a doctor does it and when the left wound has healed off completely. The genital area is very sensitive and susceptible to all kinds of germs. In fact, just get a wart removed in a clinic rather than trying to remove it at home.
Removal products for anal skin tags at home
A skin tag on anus is a common occurrence. This doesn’t erase the fact that most people are embarrassed by the need to go to a clinic and have someone else remove the tags from them. Luckily, there are removal products and procedures that can be used to remove anal skin tags at home.
Apple cider vinegar is a popular remedy for various kinds of skin infections. However, ensure that you have the right details on how it should be used especially when it comes to removing a skin tag around anus. What I mean is that you should not apply pure forms of apple cider vinegar to skin tags around anus directly. Rather, make use of coconut oil alongside the apple cider vinegar. Otherwise, you will end up corroding instead of healing the skin near the skin tags. Other effective remedies include Australian tea tree oil, lavender oil and like.
Other removal options at home include; cutting off the skin tags with a sharp and sterile razor and tying off the skin tag. In fact, some people even cut skin tags without knowing it when shaving.